[Vision2020] Double Standard

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 17:48:25 PDT 2007

I'm not black, so I can't answer decisively, but I imagine that the
common use of the "N-Word" by blacks is an attempt to take a racial slur
and turn it into something positive.  There is probably also a bit of
cynicism involved.  Haven't you ever called someone a name that they get
called often, except that you say it in an affectionate way?

I don't think it's a double standard.  I don't see black people calling
white people names like "honky" or "ghost" or whatever and getting away
with it.

Paul