[Vision2020] Moscow's Leading Liberals Own Stock in Wal-Mart

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 11:40:43 PDT 2007

Sue,

  1st Point. I don't have a problem with Wal-Mart. So I don't have a problem with PERSI. I have a problem with people bashing Wal-Mart but taking money from them, regardless of age, they know better.

  2nd Point. If liberals stopped giving money to PERSI, they would stop investing in Wal-Mart. Pretty simple concept. If liberals stopped investing in PERSI for that reason, their handlers would for obvious economic reasons, would stop investing in Wal-Mart. It is called free market economics, and it works better than protests and lobbying.

  3rd Point. I am, for the proper treatment of the elderly, not for some people to have the right to do wrong simply because they reach a certain age, as you seem to be advocating.

  4th Point. I would not advocate for euthanasia as you are stating. That is called suicide, it is a selfish act that goes against everything I believe. We are put here not by own will, and we leave this world not at our own will. However, what we do while we are here, and the actions we take are our own will.

  5th Point. I have worked in a nursing homes, doing things for them nobody else would. So I don't need to prove myself to you or anyone else as to my dedication to their dignity.

  6th Point. I didn't vote for Bush and only for a few in Boise.

  Best,

  Donovan

Sue Hovey <suehovey at moscow.com> wrote:
          Donovan,

  1st point:  Many, perhaps most, of those who receive money from PERSI are elderly--certainly I am.
  2nd point:  I am going to assume your self-touted compassion for the elderly extends only to those who aren't liberals receiving money from PERSI.  Obviously our needs mean little to you.
  3rd point:  I have 3 sources of income: PERSI, which constitutes about 65% of my retirement income; Social Security, which is about 30%, and some funding I receive through my work as an educational consultant.  Yes, I gladly take my money from PERSI, quite a bit of which comes from my contributions over the 30 years I worked as a teacher.
  4th point:  I appreciate your pointing out PERSI's investments and I will continue to lobby the PERSI investment board to back off its investments which I feel to be an inappropriate use of teachers' retirement funds.
  5th point:  Now why don't you do something productive for the elderly, such as I.  I would suggest a significant effort on your part to lobby the president or our policy makers from Idaho (you are more likely to have elected them than I.)  Maybe a policy change that would allow the government to negotiate with drug companies for Medicare recipients, or a law which would allow us to die with dignity at a time of our choice, should we be incurably ill. I just bet you have as much pull with those folks as I do with the PERSI Board, so hop to it, chum.

  Sue