[Vision2020] Moscow's Leading Liberals Own Stock in Wal-Mart

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 11:11:59 PDT 2007

Tom,

  Taking the Nuremberg trial defense? "It isn't my fault. I am totally helpless. I have no control here." They just have to just go long and accept the cash rewards for their inaction against sweatshops. How convenient.

  That's just an excuse Tim, not to do what is right. After destroying their jobs, they attack others on a limited budget for shopping there, yet do nothing to stop the profits they are reaping from what they call slave labor overseas and a violation of human rights. That is so phony and hypocritical of them. We all know this.

  Best,

  Donovan

  PS. On the water issue I think it should all be used up giving it to new businesses, then use the new tax revenue to build a pipeline to an actual drinkable water source. Why are we drinking this crappy disgusting water? It is so nasty it ruins your skin? Is this really safe water to consume? Are you tired of it eating all your appliances and pipes, clothing, turning everything brown? You know that isn't normal? Lets start drinking fresh surface water, not his old nasty stuff.

  What I like about Moscow is my family is here, it is beautiful, and safe. But with no jobs it is not possible to stay long. Without UI, MSD, and Gritman, you don't have many good paying jobs in Moscow. All of those are tax based jobs, and where do you get your taxes from? People without high paying jobs. Its not a good economy whatsoever. We need more jobs that pay something more then $10 or less that current residents of Moscow can do.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Why go down that road? For state employees, unless you are faculty or NFE staff you don't have a choice where your retirement money is invested, PERSI is your only choice (regardless of if you are Liberal, Conservative, or Middle of the Road).  As far as backing out of it, you can't once you are vested (5yrs) in it.

Why not spend some time discussing things we can change or at least work towards a solution?  Water -there was a very good discussion of water usage on v2020 last year.  Stop signs -do we need more stop signs on Mt. View?  If so, where? How about Parks & Rec requiring background checks for all volunteer coaches?  Is it a good thing or bad?  Earth Day discussions -what do you do to make a difference? Give us some ideas.  Traffic circles - Do you like them or hate them and why? Geocaching -anyone do it?  Moscow has a ton of positives going for it.  We can complain all we want but we still live here so it can't be all that bad or else we would move, right?  Let's spend some time being positive.  What do you like about Moscow?

Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:     It is interesting to hear all the liberals in Moscow complain about how horrible Wal-Mart is, yet they gladly take their retirement funds from PERSI.

  PERSI invests in Wal-Mart. As well as Exxon Mobile and Bank of Illegals (AKA Bank of America).

  Look yourself:
  http://www.persi.idaho.gov/html/generalinformation/Board/Monthly_Report/PERSI_2D_Larg_Public_Holds.pdf

  I am curious to see how many of them back out of PERSI since it is profit made from sweatshops.

  Best,

  Donovan

  Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.=======================================================