[Vision2020] Moscow's Leading Liberals Own Stock in Wal-Mart

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 08:35:53 PDT 2007

Why go down that road? For state employees, unless you are faculty or NFE staff you don't have a choice where your retirement money is invested, PERSI is your only choice (regardless of if you are Liberal, Conservative, or Middle of the Road).  As far as backing out of it, you can't once you are vested (5yrs) in it.

Why not spend some time discussing things we can change or at least work towards a solution?  Water -there was a very good discussion of water usage on v2020 last year.  Stop signs -do we need more stop signs on Mt. View?  If so, where? How about Parks & Rec requiring background checks for all volunteer coaches?  Is it a good thing or bad?  Earth Day discussions -what do you do to make a difference? Give us some ideas.  Traffic circles - Do you like them or hate them and why? Geocaching -anyone do it?  Moscow has a ton of positives going for it.  We can complain all we want but we still live here so it can't be all that bad or else we would move, right?  Let's spend some time being positive.  What do you like about Moscow?

Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote: It is interesting to hear all the liberals in Moscow complain about how horrible Wal-Mart is, yet they gladly take their retirement funds from PERSI.

  PERSI invests in Wal-Mart. As well as Exxon Mobile and Bank of Illegals (AKA Bank of America).

  Look yourself:
  http://www.persi.idaho.gov/html/generalinformation/Board/Monthly_Report/PERSI_2D_Larg_Public_Holds.pdf

  I am curious to see how many of them back out of PERSI since it is profit made from sweatshops.

  Best,

  Donovan

  Get your own web address.
 Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.=======================================================