[Vision2020] Amazonian Deforestation and Global Warming:Was:Ed theViking, Greenland, and Global Warming

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Apr 4 17:07:12 PDT 2007

Roger,

You  lost me on that one. How does draining a wetland thus killing
the plants and animals that depend on it thus accelerating their
decomposition producing CO2 (among other things) help reduce global
warming? That's without getting into the effects on water supplies,
stream temperatures, etc. Not all wetlands are swamps and not all
swamps produce methane gas, a product of anaerobic decomposition.

m.