[Vision2020] better business bureau [was: engine tax]

Pennsylvania Place penn_place_boise at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 15:29:34 PDT 2006

Thank you for your kind words. A crank AND a snob. Wow.

  I don't recall ever calling people at all levels of gov't & business incompetent, but I have used 2020 postings to see if other Muscovites have had bad run-ins with places (like Palouse Properties, my personal nemesis) that prey on college students and seem to run the town. I certainly have oodles of praise for many local Moscow businesses and gov't leaders, but it hasn't come up.

  When I discovered this mailing list, I thought to myself "Wow! a place where I can find out what's REALLY going on in this town!" There is a vast hole of ignorance about what happens in Moscow which not even reading the Daily News can help. Basically, if you do not have "connections" and are too busy being full-time workers, full-time students, and full-time parents to have the luxury (and yes, it IS a luxury) to attend city council meetings etc, you DO NOT know what is going on around here until it's too late to do anything about it.

  How wrong I was. This is a place where my specific complaints about certain things have been elevated to "dicta" that represent my entire life outlook and attitude, where attempts to start a friendly "crank" discussion resulted in personal attacks, and where I have simultaneously been accused of being "Shirley Pissedoff the Kirker" or else a horrible anti-Christ Church dirt-worshipping heathen.

  Well, you can all kiss my ass. If you don't care who is screwing people and giving Moscow and the Palouse a bad name, you can all just wallow in the shit you enjoy so much. You all deserve each other. You deserve Christ Church, you deserve Super Wal-Mart, and you deserve every bright young person in this town moving to Boise, Portland, and Seattle.

  Just remember this: Without the UI, Moscow would just be another Colfax. And if you embrace the companies that screw over the students, you are just giving them another reason to go elsewhere. Word travels.

  Peace be with you, lawyer asshole.
  Penny

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 9/28/06, Pennsylvania Place
wrote:
> You might also be surprised how worthless the BBB can be. Complaining to
> them is toothless, and all your complaint does is sit in a file. It
> certainly doesn't get them off the BBB's "Good Business" list.
>
> I will be corrected if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that to be a
> member of the BBB all you have to do is pony up the money to join.
>
> If you want to report REAL misdeeds, write to the Idaho State Attorney
> General's office.

Penny --

It could be that the Better Business Bureau is unresponsive to the
needs of consumers.

But consider, instead, the modest proposition that instead of the
world being full of incompetents in all levels of government and
business, that you are in fact an insufferable crank and snob.
Consider also that this is apparent to everyone who has had so much as
a glancing interaction with you. You elevate your own dicta to the
level of natural law, and then expect the world to conspire with you
to punish those who have given you a real, imagined, or confabulated
slight. Consider that this may not be even vaguely effective in
forcing people to agree with you.

Hope that helps,
ACS