[Vision2020] better business bureau [was: engine tax]

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:49:55 PDT 2006

On 9/28/06, Pennsylvania Place <penn_place_boise at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You might also be surprised how worthless the BBB can be. Complaining to
> them is toothless, and all your complaint does is sit in a file. It
> certainly doesn't get them off the BBB's "Good Business" list.
>
> I will be corrected if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that to be a
> member of the BBB all you have to do is pony up the money to join.
>
> If you want to report REAL misdeeds, write to the Idaho State Attorney
> General's office.

Penny --

It could be that the Better Business Bureau is unresponsive to the
needs of consumers.

But consider, instead, the modest proposition that instead of the
world being full of incompetents in all levels of government and
business, that you are in fact an insufferable crank and snob.
Consider also that this is apparent to everyone who has had so much as
a glancing interaction with you. You elevate your own dicta to the
level of natural law, and then expect the world to conspire with you
to punish those who have given you a real, imagined, or confabulated
slight. Consider that this may not be even vaguely effective in
forcing people to agree with you.

Hope that helps,
ACS