[Vision2020] engine tax

Pennsylvania Place penn_place_boise at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 12:26:56 PDT 2006

You might also be surprised how worthless the BBB can be. Complaining to them is toothless, and all your complaint does is sit in a file. It certainly doesn't get them off the BBB's "Good Business" list.

  I will be corrected if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that to be a member of the BBB all you have to do is pony up the money to join.

  If you want to report REAL misdeeds, write to the Idaho State Attorney General's office.

  Penny

Tom Hansen <idahotom at hotmail.com> wrote:
  If somebody does have a complaint against a business, especially if it
concerns payment for services not rendered (or a product not received), they
should (as I do) file a complaint with the . . .

Better Business Bureau of Spokane
http://www.spokane.bbb.org/

The Better Business Bureau is an excellent point of contact when it comes to
doing business with an entity that you may not be familiar with. When I am
considering purchasing a major end item (vehicle, computer, cameras, etc.)
from a business entity that is new to me, I check with the national office
of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) first, then check with the local BBB.
You would be surprised how much money, time, effort, and (in some cases)
embarrassment the BBB can save you.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

>From: Donovan Arnold
>To: Chris Storhok , Paul Rumelhart
>, Vision2020
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] engine tax
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:00:37 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Chris,
>
> I had the same problem with my Mazda 323. But I took it a Mazda dealer
>and the part they put in broke twenty four hours later when I was in
>another town. When I returned it complaining the part had failed, they
>said they would only fix it if I paid them more money. What the mechanic
>didn't realize was that I was in process of buying a car from their
>dealership. Since they treated me that way, I went somewhere else to buy a
>car.
>
> Same story with Paradise Ford. They charged me for $70 for a car wash. I
>took my Ford Escort into the dealership to get the motors for the electric
>windows looked at. I told them that I think the window's motors needed
>replacing. They said they would charge $70 because they had to take the
>door panels off and test them.
>
> They called me six hours later telling me my car was ready. What did
>they tell me? That my windows motor was broken. Which is the same thing I
>told them. I checked the door panels that could tell that they never
>removed them, the plastic pins have to be replaced in the door panel when
>removed, and the plastic pins were the same ones because they were
>scratched in the same place and in the same position.
>
> In addition, they quoted me a price for the window motors that was 3-4
>times higher than every other parts dealership in Moscow, and the Ford
>Dealership in Spokane, which obviously get the same parts from the same
>place.
>
> I would never go to Paradise Ford in Moscow for their rip off attitude
>toward their customers. Same thing with Post Falls Mazda.
>
> I will say however, the Toyota Dealership in Cd'A is awesome, as is the
>Honda Dealership in Post Falls, very honest high quality people. I also
>miss that repair shop on Third Street that shut down, they were awesome.
>
> Best,
>
> _DJA

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com