[Vision2020] Salutations

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 10:56:06 PDT 2006

Chasuk et. al.

I am glad you decided to post again.  I was hoping you would.

I like "freethinker," as a description of an orientation to thought or
life, better than "liberal."  The word "liberal" has been hijacked by those
wishing to denigrate and marginalize people who hold certain positions on
social/political/religious issues.  Though the word could continue to be
used and defined in a reasonable manner, it means fighting the negative
connotations the word now carries in the universe of political/social
"discourse."

This is one reason I currently call my political orientation "independent."
I want maximum flexibility to examine each issue separately, and come to a
conclusion not mandated by loyalty to party or rigid ideology, or
oversimplified by button pushing labels like "liberal," or "left" or "right
wing."

Ted Moffett