[Vision2020] Naylor Farms Public hearing

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 15 17:03:10 PDT 2006

Sorry Ms. Craine, not buyin' it. The recent dust and smoke we have been
experiencing was the result of thousands of acres of fire and many more
thousands of acres being harvested. Not the few hundred acres of a fairly
small clay operation. Also to compare Naylor farms to a mining operation of
the magnitude of the silver valley is some what disingenuous. I am also
fairly sure that the toxicity generated there had very little to do with
airborne dirt settling over the area. The problem was airborne lead,
arsenic, cadmium and other heavy metals that are not present, to my
knowledge, at the Naylor farms site. So far, I'm hearing heebie-jeebie scare
stories, exaggeration, and not in my backyard moaning and nothing
approaching facts. Perhaps I could try again and ask, what is it that our
esteemed physicians see as the major health risk from Naylor farms? I know I
could go to farmers market and ask a fairly biased group what they think but
I just thought that since Bruce brought it to the forum and the MCA was so
staunchly behind them, that perhaps, someone could bring a little more info
to the forum.

gc