[Vision2020] the Donovan effect on downtown

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Fri Sep 15 16:50:59 PDT 2006

Keely talks about:
". . . a behemoth, arrogant, and non-taxpaying institution that moves in
to where it clearly is neither permitted nor welcomed is hurting its
neighborhood . . ."

Now, I don't like disagreeing with Keely (who is the only person I got a
hug from during my last campaign), and I'm not really sure if I am
disagreeing, but I think the condition placed on NSA by their CUP to
have the "retail frontage" (that may not be the exact terminology, but
you get the drift) puts back at least as much retail space as what GTE
had back in the day when they occupied the building.  I'm not speaking
for or against anyone or anything, just makin' an observation.  I'm sure
somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

And Donovan, she said "effect", right there in the title.  You should be
flattered to have something named after you.

Your pal,

DC