[Vision2020] road work

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 11:51:52 PDT 2006

Let me say right from the start that I am NOT complaining about the actual work being done.  The roads very much need repair and I am 100% behind that.  I am just wondering if I missed any recent public notice that 3rd St. would be shut down between Hayes and Blaine starting today.  I knew that it was scheduled to get resurfaced but I missed any notice about it starting today.  I guess I figured it would start after 6th st. was finished.  While it isn't a problem for me, it is for those that live between Hayse and Blaine.  Maybe the people on that portion of the streets' "notice" is a knock on the door at 8 am by a city worker and a "street closed" blockade.  Several people on that stretch of the street seemed to miss the notice.  In fact, the people that live on Grant (which 3rd is their only way out) don't really know what they are supposed to do.  Do/can they go out to Blaine or Hayes?  Do they need to park on Blaine or Hayes or East City Park and walk home? Has anyone
 worked out the logistics for the Elysian apartments?  There are a couple of parking lots that the only exit is onto 3rd.  Perhaps everything has already been worked out and I just missed the notice, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else saw a notice. -Tom