[Vision2020] solving a noise problem

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 07:10:10 PDT 2006

Penny,

 How I got rid of my noisy neighbors was I went to all  the apartments around the apartment that was making the noise. I   asked the other tenants to please call the police (882-COPS) when the  noise started up, they all happily agreed. With all of us calling the  police every time to make a complaint and tying up the police lines,  the police eventually took care of the problem. My sister did the same  thing in her Moscow neighborhood.

 Police usually won't  respond quickly to one woman calling repeatedly about everyone being  noisy. They get those all the time. But a good 4-12 households calling  the police regularly and independently about one resident, the police  will handle quickly because they have other things to do then visit  that house 3 times every night to tell a kid to turn it down.

  Landlords usually cannot, or won't do anything about it. Police can do  something, and it is much scarier to kids having a police officer come  to their door then the landlord. I would advise though going to the  landlord with all the official complains and reports from Police  officers visiting the property so they don't re-rent the place out the  same bunch of kids. Also, if there is any damage being done to the  property, landlords would like to see photos of the that.

  Best,

  _DJA

Pennsylvania Place <penn_place_boise at yahoo.com> wrote:  I  live in a part of town dominated by single-family homes. Not renters.  These are without a doubt UI students. I have called the police several  times: "Warned one female, no report."

  These folks are slow learners - the cops come, they quiet down. A few days later, they do it again.

  Penny P.

J Ford <privatejf32 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  What part of town do you live in? Do you know for a fact that these of UI
people? Have you tried calling the police? They won't give you the name of
the owner, but they will come by and calm things down.

Good luck. My heart is with you.

J :]

>From: Pennsylvania Place

>To: vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] solving a noise problem
>Date:   Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:48:59 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Does anyone know how I can find out who is the owner/landlord of a
>particular piece of property? I have a bunch of obnoxious students living
>near me who awakens my family several times a week with fighting dogs, loud
>profanities and screaming, and the most horrible music known to man.
>
> How do I contact the owner of the property and tell him he's about to
>start a neighborhood revolt by renting to these obnoxious punks? Or will I
>have to poison the dogs, break the windows, and knife the tires of these
>juvenile terrors before they get the hint?
>
> Thanks.
>
> The Usually Peaceful Penny P., who hasn't had enough sleep due to these
>brats

> Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo!   Mail.

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

Get the new Windows Live Messenger!