[Vision2020] New Senate Report is full of shit....

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:18:46 PDT 2006

> it was DEMOCRATS, specifically FRANK CHURCH, who castrated our intelligence
> capabilities years ago.  For you to place all the blame for the resulting
> intel problems at the feet of the Bush administration is either disingenuous
> or simply ignorant.

Interesting. Which of these intelligence activities, ended by the
Church Commission, would you support re-establishing?

(1) COINTELPRO, which, among other things, kept FBI agents busy
keeping files on Martin Luther King and John Lennon.

(2) The Huston Plan, which recommended warrantless wiretaps,
burglaries, and "false flag" operations against lefty organizations.
The first draft recommended concentration camps for student agitators.

(3) ARTICHOKE, which fed LSD to CIA agents.

(4) The random assassination of democratically elected leaders, like
Patrice Lumumba, without Congressional oversight.

(5) The use of the IRS as a domestic intelligence agency, targetting Americans.

Also, what in the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act or the
Hughes-Ryan Act, which came out of the Church Committee cripples
American intelligence-gathering? Please be specific.

-- ACS