[Vision2020] Deacon is probably the toughest (expletive) here

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Sep 12 06:10:35 PDT 2006

Keely inspired me, as did Deacon, to an extent, and I offer this up for
Joe . . .

Throughout his career, Deacon Jones was considered - by himself and his
opponents - to be one of the toughest players in the league. In an
interview with Kevin Jackson, Deacon once remarked, "I'm probably the
toughest (expletive) here. Ain't no question about that with me. I'm the
toughest guy here... I'm clean. I mean, I ain't got no marks on me. I
don't know nobody else who can say that who came out of any sport. I
ain't got no marks on me, so I've got to be the baddest dude I know of"

Keep on, keep truckin'

DC

P.S.  I'm sure there are plenty of "Dan"s out there too, but there's
only one "Area Man"