[Vision2020] Hebrew and Buddhist Selves

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 11 14:04:23 PDT 2006

Greetings:

To add the announcements of upcoming seminars, and perhaps offering "Triple Trouble," I am presenting a talk entitled "Hebrew and Buddhist Selves: A Constructive Postmodern Proposal" on Friday, September 15 at 3:30 in UI's Morrill Hall 302.

Even most Christians don't know that the Hebrews viewed the self in a way very different from Greek influenced views in the New Testament but in some distinctively similar ways to the Buddhist self.

I shared this paper with the "academics" down at NSA and I've not heard a word from them.

Nick Gier