[Vision2020] Wal-Mart impact studies

Deacon James deaconblues42 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:52:16 PDT 2006

Andreas,

Ms. Swanson said that the original presentation was biased and Pro-WalMart.
Mr. Peterson was giving a presentation of his findings, not getting a
thorough review of his methods. That's standard practice for that sort of
presentation. However, because his findings didn't favor the hippy ideal,
the presentation was considered unobjective and Mr. Peterson was assumed to
be hired to do a pro-WalMart job -- without even looking at his methods.

You say, "It is called peer review, and it involves the review of not just
the conclusions, but the data." However, it seems to me that Ms. Swanson and
others had made judgements about Mr. Peterson and his report having only
reviewed the conclusions (if that). Seems a bit biased to me, don't you
think?

And really, I'm still wondering, what would an objective, unbiased
presentation say? What would the findings look like?

Take care,

P.S. I didn't get past the second grade, so, no, I didn't learn that. Thanks
for cluing me in.