[Vision2020] Proposition 2: Property Wrongs

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Thu Sep 7 11:02:06 PDT 2006

Measure 37 is similar in intent but Prop 2 is way worse in substance.
As an example, Prop 2 allows any landowner to file a takings claim
even if they don't have an application for some land use change
before the governing body. They can make a claim simply anticipating
harm if they might want to do something some day.

On the bright side, if this disaster passes I'll be filing a claim
that the open range laws are taking my private property and giving it
to another private party for their use without any compensation or
even permission from me, the property owner.

Mark