[Vision2020] WHAT PART OF EQUALITY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Sun Oct 29 05:09:32 PST 2006

WHAT PART OF EQUALITY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
It's Indivisible and Universal Anyway

The part of universal Equality that I don’t understand is the part
where the lady with whom you are living with doesn’t have the same
benefits that your ex-wife enjoyed. The part of indivisible Equality
that I don’t understand is that you think that “gays and lesbians”
should have the right to marry but that your lady friend shouldn’t have
the benefit of a marriage license. You say that “millions of sexually
active heterosexuals …make…. decisions for their spouses.” Does this
person, who you take advantage of, have these same rights you wish to
espouse. “Liberal democracies make a distinction between so-called sins
and crimes,” Is it a sin or a crime the way you treat your friend.

The part of Equality that I don’t understand is the part where you
steal from the woman who is not your wife to make up for your lack of
manhood. Stolen water is sweet Mr. Gier and bread eaten in secret is
pleasant. But he does not know that the dead are there, that her guests
are in the depths of Sheol.

You are nothing but a simple thief. You take what you have not
sacrificed for, all in the name of “love”. You are willing to
discriminate against her honor for your selfishness. What has happened
to your most basic value now? What part of Equality don’t you
understand?

I love liberty by taste, equality by instinct and reason
—Alexis de Tocqueville in a letter to John Stuart Mill