[Vision2020] What Part of innapropriate Don't You Understand?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 23:15:55 PDT 2006

Tony wrote:

>Can't you get it through your thick skull Teach?  There is nothing
>inappropriate about a person being and acting as a woman.  There is nothing
>inappropriate about someone having and living with black skin.  But there
>is, as I have repeatedly discussed unimpeachably, something manifestly
>inappropriate about homosexuality.  Our respective genitalia, male and
>female alike, were obviously designed and intended to interact to facilitate
>reproduction.  Homosexual behavior is a MALADJUSTMENT.

I've heard many accounts of people who are attracted to their own gender
despite the pressures in their environment that are trying to get them
to conform to what society has deemed to be more "appropriate", and
despite the fact that their plumbing isn't compatible.  Most of these
people at some level would rather not have the desires they have at
times just so that the pressures would go away.  Many will be relieved
to know that they are simply maladjusted and that they should easily be
able to change their natures with a little meditation, some expensive
therapy and maybe some yoga thrown in for good measure.

If, on the other hand, they really are simply built that way and not
some environmentally-derived mistake in parenting or something, than it
would be criminal to suppress their rights merely because it offends
some people who aren't in that situation.

Me, I tend to leave it up to the individual when it comes to determining
whom a person should be attracted to.  If they are attracted to someone
with whom their plumbing is compatible, so much the better.  If they are
attracted to their same gender, more power to them.  If it's in their
nature to be that way, then who am I to criticize their design?  If
you've got a problem with it, and believe in a god or gods, then take it
up with their Creator.  As long as we are talking about two people who
can both consent to a relationship, then what's the problem?

If it's our ability to reproduce as a species that worries you, have no
fear.  Technology today can do wonders in that area.  We have sperm
banks, fertility clinics, and surrogate births to help us survive.  Not
to mention very specialized pre- and post-natal care.  Oh, and
adoptions.  We are not in any danger of dying out as a species based on
our reproductive capability any time soon.

Is it your desire to help these unfortunate, maladjusted people that
makes you so passionate about this?  If so, that's very noble of you.

Paul