[Vision2020] vote

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Sat Oct 28 00:24:13 PDT 2006

Indeed, Pat is an inch deep and a mile wide...sadly, the fine brain she was given has short-
circuited. She can only speak in sound bites, only parrot what the right-wing nutjobs give her,
and has ceased to function as an independent entity.

Even more sadly, this seems to be the case with many Republican voters. No engagement of
brain function, just emotion and rote loyalty to a Republican party which is corrupt, routinely
lies, and invents new language to sugar-coat failure and idiocy. This leaves their supporters
floundering around for issues--and generally shrieking in shrill voices about the lack of morals
in the modern world, ignoring completely the very public failings of those Moral Republicans to
follow any moral (or ethical) codes of behavior.

Yep, the Democrats have also stepped into the morality stinkpot, but they aren't the ones
pandering to the religious right and vilifying anyone who believes everyone deserves respect.

If you campaign as the Moral Police, you better be either really and actually moral, or be
willing to get arrested by the vice-squad when you are shown to take payoffs from hookers.

News Flash for the Replublican Party: 1950s rhetoric also means 1950s response to your  bad
behavior...This administration (and the political flacks who assisted them) counted on the
Ozzie and Harriet folks, the Bible Thumpin' Old Time Religioners, and the Fiscally Responsible
Republicans to elect them. They got elected.. Now they have dis-respected the Bible
Thumpers, outraged the moral middle America  Ozzies and Harriets, and inflamed anyone with
a fiscally responsible bone in their head.

These Old School Frat Boys just need to move into this century. They have been plotting for 50
years to get us here? Good Grief, Charley Brown...Where's Pogo when you need him?

(Everyone born after 1960, sorry if you don't get it. It was not aimed at you, but at old farts of
my own age group.)

Debi R-S