[Vision2020] Thieves Hit The Area Hard

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Oct 25 21:54:17 PDT 2006

Beemer, I hope you read this.

I'm not "obsessed with Christ Church."  I'm really not obsessed with much at
all, other than keeping up with the laundry.  But I do care deeply about
public schools and more about public school children, and it's upsetting to
think that someone, or a group of people, are purposely damaging school
property.  Damage to schools translates into damage to children, and that's
intolerable.  My previous post didn't mention Christ Church, nor any of its
attendant ministries, and your assumption that I'm desperate to link Christ
Church to vandalism against MSD could, were I not such a trusting soul,
prompt me to wonder if perhaps thou dost protesteth too much.

The fact is, I don't believe for a moment that Christ Church is involved in
any acts of vandalism against MSD.  I don't believe anyone from Christ
Church is involved in any acts of vandalism against MSD. And, Beemer, I
don't believe you're involved in any acts of vandalism against MSD.  I
detest the Kirk's attitude toward "government schools," and I'm certainly
not impressed with the depth of its committment to "the least of these" in
our community.  But the only link I see between the Kirk and school
vandalism is the one you suggested in your response to me.  That, and the
fact that the pastor of Emmanuel Lutheran hasn't cried "persecution," which
is certainly refreshing.

You might not know the depth and duration of Jerry Weitz' committment to the
community, the school kids of MSD, and particularly the alternative high
school students, for whom he's provided a complete school facility.  His
concern about the vandalism is the point of his post, Beemer, and his
question -- is there a group targeting our public schools? -- is more than
legitimate.  It's disheartening to me that so few people in Moscow seem to
know or care about, much less publicly condemn, what's happening, and if I
were a part of the single most visible, vocal, and vituperative anti-public
school group in town, I'd sure want to express appropriate outrage.

>From out here in MSD Zone 2, the silence is pretty deafening from all parts.
  Your squeaking about my "Christ Church obsession" seems to only amplify
it.

keely

From: Jerry Weitz <gweitz at moscow.com>
To: "J Ford" <privatejf32 at hotmail.com>, vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Thieves Hit The Area Hard
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:30:29 -0700

The Alternative High School had taken its share of vandalism (all just
before school started in August.)  Flags were taken, a commercial concrete
sided garbage can was stolen.  Hoses have been stolen and newly planted
landscaping has been ripped off. One concrete sided garbage container was
burnt to the ground.  I wonder if someone/group is targeting our public
schools. I hope this is not the case.  Jerry

At 11:05 PM 10/24/06, J Ford wrote:
 >The Moscow School District has suffered over $8000 worth of damage and
theft
 >over the past several weeks.  The people doing this obviously know just
what
 >they are doing and what they are looking for.  As the MSD is really not in
 >the position to suffer too many hits like this, seems to me we need to be
 >more vigilant about watching our schools and reporting ANYthing that looks
 >out of place.
 >
 >Unfortunately, the schools are not the only ones getting hit; Emmanuel
 >Lutheran has also been hit at least twice (religious persecution?  Lord
 >knows, if it were another church in town, that is exactly what they'd be
 >yelling.)
 >
 >Moscow is growing and not all in the ways I am sure people would like to
 >see.  If this is the work of people looking for a thrill, might I suggest
 >getting a job?  If this is the work of people looking to score a quick
buck
 >for drugs, we have several treatment centers in the area that would be
more
 >than willing to assist in that area.
 >
 >The thing is that whenever this type of thing happens, we all pay the
price
 >in the way of insurance hikes, replacement costs, sense of loss of
security,
 >etc.
 >
 >Whatever the cause or whomever the perps are, we all have an obligation to
 >help protect this City and its assets.  The police could really use
 >everyone's help.
 >

 >J  :]

 >All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial!
 >http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail

 >  List services made available by First Step Internet,

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com