[Vision2020] The death penalty....a deterent?????

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:04:38 PDT 2006

Pat, your sentiment is shared. There is more to this though.
Please consider the issue of the State killing the innocent. Killing a true
murderer is not the issue as most may see it. Weakness in the process is
where some of us have issue. Psychopaths don’t care. There is no deterrent
beyond not leaving a route for their sick processes.
Sure they understand the rules. In fact that’s what they tend to play with,
social rules. They play like card sharks. They could easily be happy
maintaining a system that will result in the future death of anyone,
innocent or no.  If you can support a system where some innocent people may
be killed by the state. You may actually be supportive of psychopathic will
by providing a toy to play games with.
Some sick people can split the difference. As long as someone is being
tormented or killed, that’s where its at for them. They can maintain a ruse
of social concern like a fisher-person uses bait.
The death penalth is "no deterent" for stopping sick minds or their actions.

D. Sarff