[Vision2020] Old-School

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 22 12:19:34 PDT 2006

Greetings:

Thanks to Tom for posting the Spokesman Review article on NSA.  What I find refreshing is Wilson's openness about admitting that he is a "Paleo-Confederate."  That confession right after Atwood says that any connection to the Confederacy is "laughably stupid" shows once again that Wilson & Co. cannot keep its stories straight.

I also appreciated Wilson's confession that Robert E. Lee's portrait and the Confederate flag have been displayed in church and school functions, in spite of Logos principal Tom Garfield's claims to the contrary.

Perhaps this is the reason why, after a local band, in a letter to editor, said it objected to the presence of the Confederate flag at a Logos picnic and I wrote a letter referencing former church members who saw the flag behind Wilson at church services, Wilson came up to me at a City Council meeting and shook my hand and retreated before I could ask him what was going on.

I always chuckle when I'm described as from the "extreme left" (actually I'm left of center) and that my criticism is based on an anti-Christian ideology.  I just have to reiterate, for the record, that most of my information about NSA and Christ Church comes from their own publications and former church members, who have not become leftists but remain conservative Christians very worried about how pastors such as Wilson are destroying the reputation of Christians everywhere.

Nick Gier, Proud Intolerista
Intolerance is a virtue when one is intolerant of dishonesty, bigotry, discrimination, ugly behavior, and bad manners