[Vision2020] Same Sex Marriage Debate pointless.

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 16:01:46 PDT 2006

One of the things that bothers me about this whole debate is (I think)
exhibited in your post.  You appear to think that your beliefs should be
extended out to the rest of the world.  Why not live your life by your
beliefs and leave everyone else to do as they please?  I don't see how
same sex marriages affects those who are against them in any way.  In
fact, if you look at it the right way, they make your marriage (assuming
you are married) that much more "spiritual" or "precious" or
"God-blessed" or whatever just by contrast.  So why go out of the way to
try to ban them?

I will say that I don't like the snide "aren't you divorced" type
comments.  There are many reasons, good and bad, to get divorced from
someone.  It's one of lifes most emotional events, and should not be
bandied about in order to score debating points.

Paul