[Vision2020] [CORRECTED COPY] City Council Special Meetings

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 18 16:21:04 PDT 2006

My apologies for not correctly identifying the speaker as City Attorney,
Randy Fife.  This has been corrected.

Greetings Visionaires -

While watching our city council in session on television Monday night, and
as City Attorney Randy Fife read a portion of the Idaho Code (not Joan
Opyr's book, the actual Idaho Code.  Although, if Mr. Fife wants a copy of
Joan's book "Idaho Code", he can borrow Dale Courtney's copy or Doug
Wilson's copy or Roy Atwood's copy.) as it concerns "special open meetings"
versus "emergency meetings" (and the state's definitions/requisites for
each), the thought of topless carwashes crossed my mind.  However, unlike
the many other times that I thought of topless carwashes, this time I was
concerned with the legal aspect of the Moscow City Council's emergency
session that outlawed such activity.

While listening to the following, perhaps one (or some) of you fine people
can explain to me just how the city council's "emergency" session that
outlawed topless carwashes was justified.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Special_Meetings.mp3

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"Only by going too far can one possibly find out how far one can go."

- Jon Dyer