[Vision2020] City Council Special Meetings

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 18 16:07:42 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

While watching our city council in session on television Monday night, and
as Mr. Plaskon read a portion of the Idaho Code (not Joan Opyr's book, the
actual Idaho Code.  Although, if Mr. Plaskon wants a copy of Joan's book
"Idaho Code", he can borrow Dale Courtney's copy or Doug Wilson's copy or
Roy Atwood's copy.) as it concerns "special open meetings" versus "emergency
meetings" (and the state's definitions/requisites for each), the thought of
topless carwashes crossed my mind.  However, unlike the many other times
that I thought of topless carwashes, this time I was concerned with the
legal aspect of the Moscow City Council's emergency session that outlawed
such activity.

While listening to the following, perhaps one (or some) of you fine people
can explain to me just how the city council's "emergency" session that
outlawed topless carwashes was justified.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Special_Meetings.mp3

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"Only by going too far can one possibly find out how far one can go."

- Jon Dyer