[Vision2020] Civilized Nations Abolish the Death Penalty

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Oct 17 22:49:36 PDT 2006

Could it be that Nick finds bad conduct on the part of his country
disturbing precisely BECAUSE he believes in its higher ideals?  That just
maybe he's grateful to be a citizen of a country that not only permits
criticism but is strengthened by it -- and that history will likely testify
to the righteousness of Nick's belief, just as future generations will
testify to the benefits of eliminating what Nick and myself and others
believe to be barbaric?

Nick Gier is no carping old subversive, but if one's character is defined by
his enemies, I might recommend that he find a way to include your saying so
on his curriculum vitae, thus making a true gentleman and a scholar even
more worthy of respect and admiration.

keely