[Vision2020] Methodoloy and Iraqi Dead

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 17 09:36:10 PDT 2006

Greetings:

Thanks to Tom for posting Molly Ivins column on the generals speaking out on the disastrous war in Iraq.

Just wanted to draw your attention to one significant statement: "Yet the methodology employed [to calculate 655,000 Iraqi dead] is the same as is used by the federal government to decide how to spend millions of dollars every year. It is, as they say, the industry standard."

I also appreciated the concession about comparisons to Vietnam.  The only difference is that we have not yet lost 55,000 GIs.

Nick Gier, Supporting the Troops but not Bush's Bungling