[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (October 15, 2006)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 15 16:36:25 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

This week's show exemplified the humorous repertoire of Auntie and Bro C as
they reflected upon Donald Rumsfeld's ineptitude, Garrison Keillor's recent
performance at Washington State University, and the Bush administration's
policies concerning Iran and Iraq, among various other contemporary topics.
Auntie further discussed activities at Pullman's YWCA and Mickey Minner's
book "Sweetwater Saga".

Since Auntie and Bro C have, on this week's show, discussed the millions of
dollars spent by the Department of the Army in establishing a new motto
which resulted in nothing more than "Army Strong", I would like to suggest a
motto that was jokingly mentioned in the "Letters" section of the Army
Times:  "The US Army:  Get in touch with your inner barbarian."

Both Auntie and Bro C have reluctantly decided to take the show into
indefinite intermission.  This decision, they explained, was reached as a
result of the increasing burden associated with maintaining a quality show
while dually committing themselves to other obligations.  Although they
each, and both, will be sorely missed, they have promised to return.  And
when they do return it will be to an anxious and eager audience.

In case you were unable to tune in to today's show, you may download and
listen to it from:

http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com

This week's song dedication goes to none other than Auntie Establishment
(the alter-ego of Joan Opyr and reason why Anselm House keeps Rosauers well
stocked on Super Strength Tylenol 3) and Brother Carl (the on-air persona of
Carl Westberg and Angelina Jolie's northwest sexual liaison [I know I
promised to keep this secret, Carl, but . . .]) who, since January 23, 2005,
have publicly shed some humor on local and national controversies and not
only found the silver lining of, but also the bright warm sunshine beyond,
cultish dark clouds abrasive to our community.  May their futures consist of
friendly smiles and . . .

"Happy Trails"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Happy_Trails.mp3

"Happy trails to you until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"