[Vision2020] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: Moscow-Pullman Highway going commercial

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 15 06:18:29 PDT 2006

Jerry Weitz stated:

"Unfortunately, Moscow has a distinct reputation of being anti
business/gridlocked both in action and in deed.  A few years ago, I had
UltraDent contact Idaho's Department of Commerce about locating a dental
research facility in Idaho. UltraDent has about 700 employees world wide and
250,000 square feet of production space. Parameters were: Close to a
University, dependable Airline connections, and cost of living/quality of
life considerations.  Boise, CDA were the recommended sites, not Moscow.
UltraDent works with a number of Universities here and abroad and with the
Medical School in Salt Lake. Thus with this perception, I believe, we,
together, can change, retain Quality of Life, and help UI with 21th Century
realities."

With the exception of "dependable Airline connections", Moscow meets the
remaining criteria.  With an airport whose only airline Is Horizon Air,
whose only destinations from Moscow are Lewiston and Seattle, perhaps a
regional airport would "fit the bill".  This idea has surfaced more than
once.  Why hasn't it gained any horsepower?

Tom Hansen

Vandalville, Idaho

and the REALIST adjusts his sails."
- Unknown