[Vision2020] [Norton AntiSpam] Correction: Re: October Surprise?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Oct 14 13:49:12 PDT 2006

Ted Moffett stated:

"The sentence at the bottom of the forwarded post below should read '...but
I wouldn't want to bet against it" not "...but I wouldn't want to be against
it.'

I am against attacking Iran at this point in time.  What a difference one
letter makes!"

No biggie, Ted.  Your typo doesn't even begin to compare to this article
from Yahoo News at:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061010/ap_on_el_st_lo/ballot_typo
<http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061010/ap_on_el_st_lo/ballot_typo&printer=1;_y
lt=AmIHpfofdJDfrEQYfPDWqi9h24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE->
&printer=1;_ylt=AmIHpfofdJDfrEQYfPDWqi9h24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bW
E-

GRAND HAVEN, Mich. - Ottawa County will pay about $40,000 to correct an
embarrassing typo on its Nov. 7 election ballot: The "L" was left out of
"public."

A total of 170,000 ballots will have to be reprinted.

The mistake appeared in the text of a proposed amendment to the state
constitution that would ban some types of affirmative action.

The word "public" was misspelled one of the six times it appears, county
Clerk Daniel C. Krueger said Tuesday. Five or six people in his office had
proofread the ballot, but it was an election clerk who found the mistake
early last week.

"It's just one of those words," Krueger said. "Even after we told people it
was in there, they still read over it."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen

Vandalville, Idaho