[Vision2020] Pastor Arrested

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Oct 6 12:24:31 PDT 2006

Andreas,

It is just not a "tar and feather" of Wilson, his boarding system, and the
exposure it creates.  A careful reader would see the post as an indictment
of the whole system of preventing and handling child sexual abuse including
those who hide behind victims' suffering for their points of view.

There is no doubt the victims of these terrible crimes do suffer and
sometimes horribly for their entire life.  Their families suffer and others
with whom they relate do also.  However, this is not a reason to sweep the
subject, the perpetrators, and their various enablers out of sight.  Not
talking about these crimes and not doing the our best to prevent them,
including naming the criminal, the enablers, and those in the criminal
justice system and media who apparently do not really understand the horror
will lead to many more victims and much more suffering.  Those that hide
behind the young victims using them to stifle comment about and awareness of
these unnecessary, tragic crimes are the ones who are really "using" the
victims, and poorly.

If you glad of the outcome in the Sitler case and the way law enforcement
and the press handled it, just say so and praise those that helped either by
direct action, inaction, cronyism, personal ambition, or incompetence to
bring about that outcome.  For myself, I think the outcome stinks, and I'll
be saying so (I have a large supply of tar and feathers) and doing other
things until that situation is corrected and policies are put into place so
that the probability of something like that happening again is decreased.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843