[Vision2020] Ind. Candidate Questions Grant tactics

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 11:49:45 PDT 2006

  News Release

  Grant campaign admits to dirty tricks and uses Hedden-Nicely e-mail list
  BOISE, ID -  Julie Fanselow of the Grant campaign admitted today that they took advantage of an error and used a Hedden-Nicely email list without permission to distribute a one-sided editorial to Hedden-Nicely supporters. “I never expected this from Grant,” said Hedden-Nicely.

  According to Christopher Hansen, a supporter and recognized email distribution professional, “It appears to me (the Grant Campaign) used an unethical method to get this email list.”

  “We posted this story and my rebuttal on our website weeks ago and receiving it again wasn’t any surprise to my supporters. What was a surprise was that the Grant campaign would use our email list without permission. My supporters are furious about this.”

  “Your desperation in spamming me and attempting to persuade me to vote for your presumed employer ("@grantforcongress.com") smacks of the same self-serving politics that Sali exercises.  Forget it,” was a response from another Hedden-Nicely supporter to Fanselow.

  According to Hansen it is also possible that the Grant Campaign violated the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm  Each violation of the above provisions is subject to fines of up to $11,000.

  “Grant is a corporate lawyer for goodness sake. They should have done their homework and they didn’t. I also question their ethics. Stealing and using an email list is wrong and they know it.  Are they that desperate?” asked Hedden-Nicely.

  Hedden-Nicely, is running against Grant, Bill Sali, Dave Olson and Paul Smith for Idaho’s first Congressional Seat. Information can be found at www.hedden-nicely.com

  ###