[Vision2020] Pastor Arrested

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Oct 6 08:59:36 PDT 2006

J Ford, et al,

I hope there is an in-depth, competent investigation to determine if
Reverend Malgren has committed similar crimes in Latah County during the
last five years.  If crimes are discovered, I hope charges are brought and
strong and competently pursued, else I will be increasing my suspicion that
there is a huge stink in the local criminal justice system that needs to be
thoroughly abated.

There is also an article in today's LMT about how the Asotin County PA is
recusing himself from a child sexual molestation case because he knows the
accused.  It is too bad that the Latah County PA, William Thompson, did not
do the same in the Sitler and Wight cases because of his past relationships
with Douglas Wilson.

Had Thompson chosen to recuse himself early on in both cases maybe the
results would have been quite different.

For example, maybe serial sexual child predator James Sitler would not be
serving a just a short sentence in the local jail after receiving such a
glowing report from the so-called Pastor Douglas Wilson.  Maybe Sitler's
website photos of some of his victims trophy case evidence might have been
found and introduced before the plea agreement and/or sentencing occurred.
Maybe the community would have been informed about the total number of
alleged instances of sexual criminal behavior in at least three states by
Sitler instead of having to resort to other methods to gain part of this
information.  Maybe more charges would have been brought against deserving
individuals.

And maybe those fonts of community pride and leadership, our true watchdogs,
the Daily News and the Lewiston Morning Tribune, might have found the guts
to print the stories of the Wight and Sitler cases, not as a sob piece about
how poor Wilson and pathetic Roy Atwood were the victims, but as a story
exposing the horror suffered and damage done to Sitler's real victims and
their families, friends, those who will relate or try to relate to them or
try to them intimately in the future, and what roles Wilson and Atwood
played in this could-have-avoided tragedy.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843