[Vision2020] Andy Hedden-Nicely Answers V2020 Congressional Candidate Questions

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 09:20:25 PDT 2006

All,
       Andy Hedden-Nicely asked me to forward his answers to the V2020 Congressional candidate questions below.
       So here goes:

  1. What are the most important issues facing our nation today? Do you believe that addressing flag-burning or abortion, for example, is more important than addressing drug abuse or health care?

  Term Limits for Congress will go a long way in addressing corruption and waste in government.
  We term limit the president because we do not want a king. It’s now time to complete the “Contract with America” and term-limit the U.S. Congress.
   I will call for a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits of six terms in the U.S. House and two terms in the U.S. Senate. This gives our elected representatives 12 years to accomplish their public service. If they can’t get’er done in twelve years, they are wasting our time.

   2. Do you support Idaho House Joint Resolution 2 (a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage in Idaho) and suggest that Idaho voters approve it?
   No

  3. Do you support a commitment to embryonic stem-cell research? Why or why not?
  Yes, the benefits in saving lives far outweighs the remote possibility of life for these cells.

   4. Does the Patriot Act, as amended, go too far or not far enough, in giving our government adequate power and ability to fight terrorism? Explain what changes, if any, you would make and why.
   Had the Patriot Act been in place before 9/11 it would not have prevented it from happening. What we need to do is address the issues of safety and protection for Americans, not take away their rights as citizens.

   5. Do you suggest that Idaho voters approve Proposition 2 (the proposal that requires taxpayers to pay compensation to landowners if land use rules affect their property)?
  Yes

  6.  6. Please list your campaign websites, email address, and phone numbers, and add any biographical information or position statements you wish.
  www.hedden-nicely.com

   andy at hedden-nicely.com,

  208-344-4631