[Vision2020] The Human Toll

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:38:42 PDT 2006

All:

October, 2006 has started with 10 more deaths of US soldiers in combat in
three days, if I read this article correctly:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/4293762.html

First Days Of October Deadly For US Troops In Iraq

(October 3, 2006)—The first days of October have been deadly for US troops
in Iraq the military says.

Four soldiers were killed in separate small-arms-fire attacks Monday in
Baghdad.

Four more died when a roadside bomb blew up as their patrol passed by
northwest of the city.

The ninth soldier was killed Sunday when a roadside bomb hit his vehicle.

The military also reports that two more Marines have been killed, both in
fighting in western Iraq's particularly dangerous Anbar province.

One was killed Sunday.

The other died the day before.

They were among five US Marines killed over the weekend.

Four died in combat and one in a vehicle accident.

More than 2,700 members of the US military have lost their lives in Iraq
since the war began.

Click Here For U.S. Central Command Web Site <http://www.centcom.mil/>

Click Here For Multi-National Force Web Site <http://www.mnf-iraq.com/>

Click Here For 4th Infantry Division Web Site <http://www.hood.army.mil/4id>