[Vision2020] downtown: Moscow/Pullman Hwy. Mall?

Melissa Hendrickson hend5953 at uidaho.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:41:39 PDT 2006

Believe what you want to believe Donovan.  If you read into the email
that I was being nasty, then so be it, for the record I was not
being "nasty." I will not argue with you about the differences between
Target and Walmart, because you don't want to see the differences.

A few additional comments...

You wrote:

>  Well, I guess if you want to get nasty and personal about it, I
> could make a few quick observation about you too.

What observations were about me?  YOu go on to talk about Target and
Walmart, not about me.

> Anyone that buys  something at Wal-Mart or Target expecting it to
> last doesn't know how  to spend money..... Sometimes people want to
buy crap,
> they don't need a state of art 50 year lasting product. Other
> times,  that is all the money they have.

I do expect that when I purchase an item it will last for more than a
month or through the first wash cycle.  We generally only buy
consumables from Walmart these days, things that are not meant to
last.  I got tired of returning things.  I do not have this problem
with things purchased elsewhere, but hey this is just my personal
experience.

>  Yes, I am willing to drive six miles to Wal_mart to save $50
>   a month, but not willing to sit in construction for 15 minutes
> to  shop downtown when Eastside Mall is right near my house and
> easily  accessible.
>  And the price difference will be about 11%, not 6%.

Go ahead and drive to Pullman, that is your choice. The food items will
be no different than what you will find at Winco, plus any item that is
taxed will be taxed at a higher rate than Idaho.  So go ahead
and "save" money.  Support the tax base of Pullman, rather than your
own community.  I personally don't think that you will be saving all
that much driving to Pullman, but hey that's just me.

--Mo

http://www.hawkinscompanies.com/fliers/WA_Pullman_Hwy270_AirportRd_F.pd