[Vision2020] Patrols Go Down but Causalities Go Up

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 3 13:01:25 PDT 2006

Greetings:

I always appreciate Tom's posting of "The Human Toll," reminding us of the tragedy that is Bush's Iraq folly.

It is important to note that the average number of patrols by U. S. forces has gone down from 400 a day to 100 a day, but the weekly toll remains pretty much the same.  This obviously indicates that we have utterly failed in our job to secure the foreign country that we are occupying force.

Our only hope is a New Congress and a New Direction on all major issues, not just Iraq.

Nick Gier