[Vision2020] Wives and their place in the "Future Men's Club" scene

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:02:19 PDT 2006

The following is a reflection, directly and indirectly, of the teachings of
Dougie-BOY on what makes a husband and what makes a wife.  I am presenting
it EXACTLY as it was written, on Feb 6, 2005:

"two weeks ago, he (Doug) taught on masculinity. that it is a term that is
relative to the relationship. I, as a husband and soon father, am masculine
in relation to my wife, my child and my dog, but i must be feminine in my
relationship with my church, my school, my boss, my landlord, and the state.
this doesn't mean that i am to be effiminate (femininity manifested wrongly)
in any relationship. similarly, my wife is also feminine in the same
relationships that i am, but she is also femine in her relationship with me
(and only me, being a woman doesn't mean you are to submit to all men, you
are to submit to one man: your father, then, when she gets married, her
headship is transferred to her husband...no one else). She is masculine in
her relationship to our children, our dog, to students she might be teaching
in a class, etc.

before this gets too confusing, masculinity is characterized by initiation,
leadership, responsibility, and sacrifice. femininity is manifested in
submission, responsiveness, gratitude, and obedience."

Kinda telling that he refuses to use any capitals....but, that's for a Psych
class to go over.

I find it particularly repugnant that Hicks/Dougie-BOY would demand that
women have "her ***headship*** transferred" when she marries.  Who the
bloody h**l said she had any kind of "headship" in the guise of a man, in
the beginning?  A father is not a "leader of the country that is called
women" and women should not be "transferred" to her 'husband' as if we still
lived in the Middle Ages.

And IF "masculinity is characterized by initiation, leadership,
responsibility and sacrifice"...when can we be seeing ANY of that type of
thing coming from the Future Men's Club of Christ Church?  The only ones
sacrificing ANYthing are the women - who seemingly are sacrificing their
freedom- repeatedly.

I so have a question for you Hicks BOYS and Dougie-BOY...just what happens
if a women decides not to be submissive, show gratitude or be obedient?  I
mean, since it appears that you be still living in the Middle Ages, does
this mean you practice the "art" of beating your wives into what you want
them to be like?  And just how would she be going about showing you any of
these "traits"?  Is it you who decides what constitutes a "show of
gratitude", for instance?  And at what level does it need being to be
displeasing to you?

And if a women finds herself without a "man" about, due to divorce or death
or plain and simple CHOICE, what then?  Do the "men" of CC take that
"headship" over for her, wanted or not?  Or do you foist that unto whatever
male child may be in the home?  Do you seriously believe a two year old or a
12 year old boy is capable of being the "Head of Household" over his mother?

After having experienced it on more than one occasion, first hand, I realize
you feel like the "camp" of the "Future Men's Club Camp" is supposed to be
used to show the boys just what a man is like.  Personally, after the boys
got back from that torture camp and after spending weeks trying to undo the
damage you all did, the only thing I see you producing is boys trying to
wear their daddy's pants and finding them too big a fit even with a belt.
And funny this is, Dougie-BOY wasn't even there!  Jamin and Sitler were,
though.

Guess he felt he'd learned all he could so why bother?

Guess again, Dough-Boy...em, sorry - that's Dougie-BOY.

J  :]