[Vision2020] downtown

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Mon Oct 2 07:10:08 PDT 2006

J Ford says:
"I've noticed that the traffic lights on Jackson, Main and Washington
with the cross street of Third, are way off.  Before the
construction, it seemed the timing was a mite closer in time than they
are now.  At the change, there is almost a 10-20 second delay before ANY
light
turns green, leaving everyone sitting there looking around - "You go, no
you go, no, no...you go."

Anyone in the City Staff - can this be fixed?"

Pretty much all the lights (and their timing) in the downtown area are
under the purview of ITD, since Jackson and Washington are all part of
US95.  I know ITD had a new "program" to get the timing to work better
throughout the system, and I believe they uploaded the program with the
new timing just as the Washington lights were taken offline for the
reconstruction.  There may still be some tweaking that needs to be done
before things are 100%.  I do like that I can get thru on 3rd street
without having to stop at all three lights now, but 6th and Main seems
to be a little off . . .

DC