[Vision2020] FW: Blast Off: TV Ads Launch

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:21:45 PST 2006

" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Timothy J Rigsby.Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forumwithout the express written permission of the author.*****

From: info at wakeupwalmart.comTo: tim.rigsby at hotmail.comSubject: Blast Off: TV Ads LaunchDate: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:41:00 -0500

Dear Tim,
Today, Cleo Forward, a current Wal-Mart support manager in Dallas, Texas, will call on Wal-Mart to change its anti-family policies and start putting America's families first.
When Wal-Mart asked him to stay silent, here is what Cleo said: "Wal-Mart said I have a 'duty of loyalty' to the company and that I cannot speak out. But what about my 'duty of loyalty' to the 1.4 million Wal-Mart Associates who built this company, and are suffering under Wal-Mart's new anti-family policies? What about my 'duty of loyalty' to tell the truth to the American people?"
Cleo is not alone. All over the country, Wal-Mart employees are calling on Wal-Mart to change for the better this Holiday season. And, for the first time, 3 brave Wal-Mart Associates are taking to the airwaves to tell the American people directly why Wal-Mart needs to change.
Watch our latest TV ad:
http://wakeupwalmart.com/feature/holidays/videos.html
The Wal-Mart workers in the ad say it best, this Holiday season, "Our children, our families, deserve better." That is why we need your help.
We have less than 4 weeks left until Christmas, so, put down the egg nog and let's go change America for the better. Because, while Wal-Mart suffers its first sales decline in over a decade, you have grown our campaign into one of the fastest growing social movements in America.
As you know, as part of our holiday campaign, we have been asking you, each week, to join with us in one coordinated action to send Wal-Mart a message that it must reverse its anti-family policies and give America "Hope for the Holidays." This week's action is to send a letter to your local newspaper telling them about the personal stories you just saw in the TV ad and educating your local town about why Wal-Mart needs to change.
Watch our latest TV ad and take action this Holiday season:
http://wakeupwalmart.com/feature/holidays/videos.html
Together, with over 288,000 supporters, we are proving the power ordinary people have to do extraordinary things. And, I can't tell you, especially during the Holiday season, how personally moved I am to be a part of such an amazing effort.
We really are going to change Wal-Mart and change America for the better.
Good luck with your letters and thank you for all that you do.
Wishing you all season's greetings,
Paul BlankWakeUpWalMart.com

To unsubscribe, click here