[Vision2020] Bush Says He Won't Be Swayed To Withdraw

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 29 05:58:28 PST 2006

That was not a poll on November 7th, Pat.  That was an election.  Along with
the election results was a strong endorsement for change in Iraq, the key
issue in that election.

What instigated that endorsement, Pat, was when President Bush stated (a
couple days before the election) that he would not fire Donald Rumsfeld.
Donald Rumsfeld resigned within twenty-four hours after the election.

I can understand President Bush not being swayed by polls.  Why won't he
listen to the American people?

First Bush was "Stay the course."  Then immediately following the election,
Bush stated, "I was never 'Stay the course'".  Now it's business as usual.

I no longer rely on the Army Times for the weekly "Human Toll" that I post
to V2020.  I receive the names (and other details) from a Department of
Defense info-link.  Yesterday when I got home from work, I posted six new
names to the "Human Toll" to be posted on V2020 next Tuesday, Pat.

Where is the justification, Pat?  When will Bush realize that change is
imminent and MUST be made.  Or, are we (and families that have husbands,
wives, sisters, and brothers unjustifiably placed in harm's way) to wait
until George Bush get his head out of the sand (or some other crevice on his
anatomy)?

"In America, anybody can become president.
That's one of the risks you take . . ."

- Adlai Stevenson