[Vision2020] [Vision2020 liberals, courts, and Tony (was Pledge)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 26 20:17:33 PST 2006

Visionaries:

Tony wrote:
"what precisely have I said that you regard as "racist"?  Such labels are
serious, Saundra, and you would be wise to provide evidence.  I think that
is a fair request."

<sigh>  Tony knows the answer to this because we discussed it offlist.
Indeed, it was his refusal to apologize that was the straw that broke this
camel's back, and he knows this, too because I wrote to him:
"Sorry, Tony -- this is my line in the sand.  Your unashamed use of ethnic
slurs deeply disappoints me -- and it drowns out any points you're trying to
make.  If you see nothing wrong with it, so be it.  However, absent an
apology to V2020 for the many you've offended by crossing that line, my
conscience dictates that this is the end of my interaction with you.  It's
no great loss to either of us, but it saddens me nonetheless."

My conscience still dictates that I not interact with him.  At all.  And,
that includes responding to the rest of his response to me.  Of course, he
knows this, too, because my offlist communications to him were unambiguous.

However, for any Visionaries who missed it, here is the relevant part of
Tony's recent post to which I was referring:
"I just feel that when dealing with a clearly sociopathic and widespread
enemy, we are unfortunately going to find ourselves in a position of
utilizing unconventional methods in order to prevail.  Distasteful, yes, but
is failure an option when dealing with these murderous [ethnic/racial slur
deleted]?"
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2006-November/037746.html

For those who are unfamiliar with the term Tony unashamedly and
unapologetically used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raghead
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

I suggest we all hope/pray for a short winter so Tony will be too busy with
his paying gig to continue to endlessly spew his vitriol here on V2020!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****