[Vision2020] A Pledge to real Americans (Mikey Moore)

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 09:42:35 PST 2006

> 5)  And what a great idea Mikey!  Let's limit the ballooning cost of health
> coverage by hobbling ambulance chasing attorneys with TORT REFORM!

T --

I hate to say this, but the ballooning cost of malpractice insurance,
which, itself, is only a fraction of the increased cost of health
coverage, is driven by the fact that -- when the stock market tanked
in the early 2000s -- the insurance companies that had heavily
invested in high-yield, high-risk stocks got utterly soaked. Since
then, they've been trying to take their pound of flesh out of the
consumer, since their money clearly isn't coming back out of the stock
market in the same way that it did during the 90s tech boom.

-- ACS