[Vision2020] Some of you may enjoy this

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Tue Nov 21 21:36:12 PST 2006

I recently attended a lecture with this Institute where someone from a
Jewish school who talked about Lebanon and Israel and a professor from ISU
with 'Just war Theory' shared the platform and it was a most interesting
discussion. The combining of science, philosophy and religion makes for a
very thought provoking evening.
Dear Friends

Over the last couple of years lectures have been sponsored at the University
of Idaho on the Theory of Evolution as the source of life's diversity.  The
Theory purports that all life forms have evolved from a common ancestor by
natural selection of chance mutations.  However, not all scientists accept
chance as the mechanism responsible for all the diversity and complexity of
life we witness today.  As an alternative, they believe that life and its
diversity testifies of design by a supernatural force, referred to as
Intelligent Design.  That position is alleged by secularists as Creationism
disguised as pseudo-science.  Although Christians believe the supernatural
force is God, in the realm of science the force is not identified, only that
a master design is more feasible than chance.  In an effort to provide
balanced information on controversial topics consistent with its objective,
the Sciphre Institute is sponsoring a lecture on Intelligent Design: What it
is and what it is not, by Dr. Scott Minnich, a microbiologist at the
University of Idaho.   The lecture is scheduled at 7:00 p.m. Friday,
December 1st, in the Law School auditorium, University of Idaho. The public
is welcome and questions on the idea of design will be discussed.

Dr. Ernie Brannon

Sciphre Institute

208-882-7907

ebrannon at moscow.com
If we do discover a complete theory..of everything...we shall all,
philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people,
be able to take part in the discussion of why it is that we and the universe
exist if we find the answer to that,
it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason...for then we would know
the mind of God.
Stephen Hawking