[Vision2020] Quote of Interest

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Mon Nov 20 09:23:06 PST 2006

Dan,

You got me thinking about Wikipedia and all that it has to say on
various subjects. I thought this was helpful with regards to the life
styles of some of the university professors and local activists in our
area: "Concubinage refers to the state of a woman or youth in an
ongoing, quasi-matrimonial relationship with a man of higher social
status. Typically, the man has an official wife in addition to one or
more concubines. Concubines have limited rights of support as against
the man ..."

Seeing as how Idaho no longer allows common law marriage I guess this
is what the women should be called.

Doug