[Vision2020] Tony Simpsom Shills for Terrorists Yet Again!

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 14:21:32 PST 2006

> Think what you want but Ill agree with history and our generals who won that
> war.

Like Eisenhower, who wrote, in his memoir, "In 1945 Secretary of War
Stimson, visiting my headquarters in Germany, informed me that our
government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of
those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question
the wisdom of such an act. During his recitation of the relevant
facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced
to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan
was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely
unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should
avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment
was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American
lives."

Or Curtis LeMay, who argued that the bomb "had nothing to do with the
end of the war?"

Or Chester Nimitz, who, in October of 1945, argued that the Japanese
had already been soundly beaten before the bombs were dropped?

Or Douglas MacArthur, who said, after the war, that there was "[...]
no military justification for the dropping of the bomb. The war might
have ended weeks earlier [...] if the United States had agreed, as it
later did anyway, to the retention of the institution of the emperor."

As far as the decision to drop the bomb goes, it was entirely
uninformed by the military. The supreme commander was against it, the
head of the Army Air Force was against it, the admiral of the Pacific
Fleet was against it, and the Joint Chiefs were not consulted. While
it's inarguable that dropping the atomic bomb sped along the Japanese
surrender, it's also inarguable that they would have surrendered
anyway, and without the deaths of Japanese civilians, American POWs,
and Korean slave laborers.

-- ACS