[Vision2020] Tony Simpsom Shills for Terrorists Yet Again!

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 09:39:59 PST 2006

On 11/14/06, Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Saundra,
>
> You stated:"It also sounds an awful lot like what happened with the decision
> to bomb
> Hiroshima & Nagasaki only in that case, our decision to resort to terrorism
> resulted in the deaths of nearly a QUARTER OF A MILLION INNOCENT men, women,
> and children :-(".
>
> To me, this was Trumans defining moment. The generals of that time estimated
> 1-2million American lives,10-20 Million Japanese, in order to invade Japan.
> Men and women which would have lots their lives to those same"innocent" men
> women and children hurling grenades, shooting them, beheading, torturing,
> and boobytrapping them. Don't let your potilical believes interfere with
> facts and reality, that these japanese were in it to the death.

Matt --

At the time we dropped the atomic bomb, we had effectively destroyed
Japan's capacity to wage offensive war. They had no navy, no air
force, extremely limited industrial capacity, and we had broken the
back of their army and driven them out of every last one of their
imperial holdings. We had undisputed air supremacy over their home
island. The only war that Japan could continue to wage was in defense
of Japan itself -- and even that ability was at tremendous cost in
blood and treasure.

The choice we had when we dropped the atomic bombs at Hiroshima and
Nagasaki was not between invasion and unconditional surrender -- it
was between an armistice that preserved Imperial power and
unconditional surrender. While dropping the atomic bomb was
indisputably better for American interests, it didn't, on balance,
warrant the deaths of a quarter of a million civilians.

-- ACS