[Vision2020] Tet Offensive

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 20:29:42 PST 2006

Tony,

You're right, you never said "willing to kill anyone and everyone".  I
was generalizing.  You did appear to be arguing that we were being too
soft when we didn't immediately bomb a mosque that had a known terrorist
in it.  I remember other times that you have indicated that liberals are
weak for not being more aggressive in this war.

The people that you call either "muddle headed" or "(sharing) the goals
of America's enemies" are, in my view, simply trying to put the country
back on course.  It has been shown that Iraq had nothing to do with
9/11, nothing to do with Al-Qaeda, and nothing to do with WMDs.  So why
sink a billion dollars a day into a war that should by all rights never
have been started, but which is now causing as much violence as it hoped
to stop?  Why expose our troops to death and destruction when there is
no clear purpose in mind?

Trying to save lives and save our economy are both patriotic values.  I
think many of these people deserve more respect than that.

Paul